[openstack-dev] [openstack-qa] Graduation Requirements + Scope of Tempest

Rochelle.RochelleGrober rochelle.grober at huawei.com
Thu Mar 20 20:19:08 UTC 2014

I think that what is being asked, really is that the functional tests could be a single set of tests that would become a part of the tempest repository and that these tests would have an ENV variable as part of the configuration that would allow either "no Keystone" or "Keystone" or some such, if that is the only configuration issue that separates running the tests isolated vs. integrated.  The functional tests need to be as much as possible a single set of tests to reduce duplication and remove the likelihood of two sets getting out of sync with each other/development.  If they only run in the integrated environment, that's ok, but if you want to run them isolated to make debugging easier, then it should be a configuration option and a separate test job.

So, if my assumptions are correct, QA only requires functional tests for integrated runs, but if the project QAs/Devs want to run isolated for dev and devtest purposes, more power to them.  Just keep it a single set of functional tests and put them in the Tempest repository so that if a failure happens, anyone can find the test and do the debug work without digging into a separate project repository.

Hopefully, the tests as designed could easily take a new configuration directive and a short bit of work with OS QA will get the integrated FTs working as well as the isolated ones.

--Rocky