[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Requirements Wiki

Youcef Laribi Youcef.Laribi at citrix.com
Thu Mar 20 17:17:27 UTC 2014

Stephen,

I don’t think the active/passive pools feature is referring to the HA of loadbalancers. This is about the ability to divide the list of members servicing load-balanced requests into 2 groups: The first one is active and the second one is passive (or a backup pool). If all the members in the first pool are down, then the passive pool’s members become serving traffic for that VIP.

Youcef