[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][QA][Tempest][Infra] Ceilometer tempest testing in gate

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Thu Mar 20 11:59:37 UTC 2014

+1 for performance analysis to understand what needs to be optimised. Metering should be light-weight.

For those of us running in production, we don't have an option to turn ceilometer off some of the time. That we are not able to run through the gate tests hints that there are optimisations that are needed.

For example, turning on ceilometer caused a 16x increase in our Nova API call rate, see http://openstack-in-production.blogspot.ch/2014/03/cern-cloud-architecture-update-for.html for details.

Tim