[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Alternating meeting time for more TZ friendliness

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Mar 20 00:17:38 UTC 2014

I think we need a timezone to cover the current impossible regions:

 - Australia
 - China / Japan
 - India

Early evening for the UK - the current meeting time - is ok (sure, its
not work hours, but its also not 5am :))

The further west it goes, the better for those regions. I suspect if
we aim it to be ok for late night west coast usians - e.g. 11pm , then
it will meet that goal and simultaneously be tolerable for myself
(NZ), Clint(west coast US) and devananda (west coast US).

-Rob

-Rob

On 20 March 2014 12:46, Steve Kowalik <steven at wedontsleep.org> wrote:
> On 19/03/14 06:57, James Slagle wrote:
>> Our current meeting time is Tuesdays at 19:00 UTC.  I think this works
>> ok for most folks in and around North America.
>>
>> It was proposed during today's meeting to see if there is interest is
>> an alternating meeting time every other week so that we can be a bit
>> more friendly to those folks that currently can't attend.
>> If that interests you, speak up :).
>
> Also speaking up.
>
> It gets a little difficult if we want the meeting time to cover Europe,
> North America, New Zealand and Australia, since that's effectively the
> entire world. I would prefer a little later than 0700, but I understand
> that another hour might push it in another timezone to 0000 or 0100.
>
> Cheers,
> --
>                                         Steve
> C offers you enough rope to hang yourself.
> C++ offers a fully equipped firing squad, a last cigarette and
> a blindfold.
>          - Erik de Castro Lopo

Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist