[openstack-dev] [Murano][Heat] MuranoPL questions?

Stan Lagun slagun at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 19 21:36:12 UTC 2014

Ability to hook up to application deployment is indeed a good thing. And it
can be done both in HOT and MuranoPL. And Mistral is a good candidate to
handle those hooks. But this is not a replacement for MuranoPL but an
addition to it.

The problem with hooks is that you cannot hoot just into arbitrary place in
deployment workflow. And the author of Python code may not expose the exact
hook that you need. Hooks can work for logging purposes or triggering some
additional workflows but are not good for customization of your workflow
from outside. Hooked code may not have access to all engine's internal
state and workflow context and have even less chances to modify it in a
safe manner

Sincerely yours
Stanislav (Stan) Lagun
Senior Developer