[openstack-dev] [Openstack-dev] [Nova] use Keystone V3 token to volume attachment

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Wed Mar 19 15:02:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 09:35:34AM -0500, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> On 3/19/2014 2:48 AM, Shao Kai SK Li wrote:
> >Hello:
> >
> >      I am working on this
> >patch(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77524/) to fix bugs about volume
> >attach failure with keystone V3 token.
> >
> >      Just wonder, is there some blue prints or plans in Juno to address
> >keystone V3 support in nova ?
> >
> >      Thanks you in advance.
> >

> >Best Regards~~~
> >
> >Li, Shaokai

> I have this on the nova meeting agenda for tomorrow [1].  I would
> think at a minimum this means running compute tests in Tempest
> against a keystone v3 backend.  I'm not sure what the current state
> of Tempest is regarding keystone v3.  Note that this isn't the only
> thing that made it into nova in Icehouse related to keystone v3 [2].

On the tempest side there are some dedicated keystone v3 api tests, I'm not
sure how well things are covered there though. On using keystone v3 for auth
for the other tests tempest doesn't quite support that yet. Andrea Frittoli is
working on a bp to get this working:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/multi-keystone-api-version-tests

But, at this point it will probably end up being early Juno thing before this
can be enabled everywhere in tempest.

-Matt Treinish