[openstack-dev] [Marconi] Why is marconi a queue implementation vs a provisioning API?

Stan Lagun slagun at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 19 07:09:47 UTC 2014

Kurt Griffiths,

Thanks for detailed explanation. Is there a comparison between Marconi and
existing message brokers anywhere that you can point me out?
I can see how your examples can be implemented using other brokers like
RabbitMQ. So why there is a need another broker? And what is wrong with
currently deployed RabbitMQ that most of OpenStack services are using
(typically via oslo.messaging RPC)?

Sincerely yours
Stanislav (Stan) Lagun
Senior Developer