[openstack-dev] Updating libvirt in gate jobs

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 11:50:15 UTC 2014

Hi Team,

We have 2 choices

1) Upgrade to libvirt 0.9.8+ (See [1] for details)
2) Enable UCA and upgrade to libvirt 1.2.2+ (see [2] for details)

For #1, we received a patched deb from @SergeHallyn/@JamesPage and ran
tests on it in review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/79816/
For #2, @SergeHallyn/@JamesPage have updated UCA
("precise-proposed/icehouse") repo and we ran tests on it in review
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/74889/

For IceHouse, my recommendation is to request Ubuntu folks to push the
patched 0.9.8+ version we validated to public repos, then we can can
install/run gate jobs with that version. This is probably the smallest
risk of the 2 choices.

As soon as Juno begins, we can switch 1.2.2+ on UCA and request Ubuntu
folks to push the verified version where we can use it.

WDYT?

thanks,
dims

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1254872