[openstack-dev] [Heat] Stack breakpoint

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 18 01:18:57 UTC 2014

Zane Bitter <zbitter at redhat.com> wrote on 03/17/2014 07:03:25 PM:

> On 17/03/14 17:03, Ton Ngo wrote:

> > - How to handle resources with timer, e.g. wait condition:
pause/resume
> > timer value
>
> Handle it by only allowing pauses before and after. In most cases I'm
> not sure what it would mean to pause _during_.

I'm not sure I follow this part.  If at some time a timer is started, and
the event(s) upon which it is waiting are delayed by hitting a breakpoint
and waiting for human interaction --- I think this is the scenario that
concerned Ton.  It seems to me the right answer is that all "downstream"
timers have to stop ticking between break and resume.

Regards,
Mike