[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS][FWaaS][VPN] Admin status vs operational status

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Mon Mar 17 16:16:26 UTC 2014

> Seems awkward to me, if an IPSec connection has a status of ACTIVE, but
an admin state of ADMIN DOWN.
Right, you see, that's the problem. Constant name 'ACTIVE' makes you expect
that IPSec connection should work, while it is a deployment status.

> OK, so the change is merely change "ACTIVE" into "DEPLOYED" instead?
We can't just rename the ACTIVE to DEPLOYED, and may be the latter is not
the best name, but yes, that's the intent.

Thanks,
Eugene.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Kyle Mestery <mestery at noironetworks.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Eugene Nikanorov <enikanorov at mirantis.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Kyle,

>>> operational
>>> state. In the case of having admin_state=DOWN and