[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Docs for new plugins

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 15:01:52 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> Edgar:
>
> I don't see the configuration options for the OpenDaylight ML2
> MechanismDriver
> added here yet, even though the code was checked in well over a week ago.
> How long does it take to autogenerate this page from the code?
>
> Thanks!
> Kyle

Adding the docs list, I suspect there are two issues here. The first is that the generation of the config-reference content is initiated manually and potentially hasn't been done since this was added. The second is that prior to running it the flag mappings file needs to be updated [1], this maps a given configuration option to a group and is the main hole in our current automation process for this guide.

Edgar/Kyle can you check whether the new options are listed in there and we'll arrange to get this re-generated for rc1?

Thanks,

Steve

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-manuals/tree/tools/autogenerate-config-flagmappings/neutron.flagmappings

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Edgar Magana <emagana at plumgrid.com> wrote:
>
> > You should be able to add your plugin here:
> >
> > http://docs.openstack.org/havana/config-reference/content/networking-options-plugins.html
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Edgar
> >
> > From: Mohammad Banikazemi <mb at us.ibm.com>
> > Date: Monday, March 10, 2014 2:40 PM
> > To: OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
> > Cc: Edgar Magana <emagana at plumgrid.com>
> > Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron] Docs for new plugins
> >
> > Would like to know what to do for adding documentation for a new plugin.
> > Can someone point me to the right place/process please.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mohammad

Steve Gordon, RHCE
Product Manager, Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
Red Hat Canada (Toronto, Ontario)