[openstack-dev] Hierarchicical Multitenancy Discussion

Telles Nobrega tellesnobrega at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 11:04:10 UTC 2014

That is good news, I can have both information sent to nova really easy. I
just need to add a field into the token, or more than one if needed. RIght
now I send Ids, it could names just as easily and we can add a new field so
we can have both information sent. I'm not sure which is the best option
for us but i would think that sending both for now would keep the
compatibility and we could still use the names for display porpuse

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-03-14 at 13:43 -0700, Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
> > Awesome, this is exactly what I was thinking. I think this is really
> > close to being usable on the nova side. First of all the
> > dot.sperated.form looks better imo, and I think my code should still
> > work that way as well. The other piece that is needed is mapping ids
> > to names for display purposes. I did something like this for a
> > prototype of names in dns caching that should work nicely. The
> > question simply becomes how do we expose those names. I'm thinking we
> > have to add an output field to the display of objects in the system
> > showing the fully qualified name.  We can then switch the display in
> > novaclient to show names instead of ids.  That way an admin listing
> > all the projects in orga would see the owner as orga.projb instead of
> > the id string.
> >
> > The other option would be to pass names instead of ids from keystone
> > and store those instead. That seems simpler at first glance, it is not
> > backwards compatible with the current model so it will be painful for
> > providers to switch.
>
> -1 for "instead of". "in addition to" would have been fine, IMO.
>
> Best,
> -jay

Telles Mota Vidal Nobrega
Bsc in Computer Science at UFCG
Software Engineer at PulsarOpenStack Project - HP/LSD-UFCG