[openstack-dev] [all][db][performance] Proposal: Get rid of soft deletion (step by step)

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Mon Mar 17 09:33:20 UTC 2014

On 16/03/14 06:04, Clint Byrum wrote:

> I think you can achieve this level of protection simply by denying
> interactive users the rights to delete individual things directly, and
> using stop instead of delete. Then have something else (cron?) clean up
> stopped instances after a safety period has been reached.

I would be very interested in the approach to determining the optimal
value for that safety period you are mentioning. Or is this going to be
left as an exercise for the reader? (That is, set in the configuration,
so that the users have to somehow perform this impossible task.)

--
Radomir Dopieralski