[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Improving oslo-incubator update.py

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Fri Mar 14 20:36:03 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-14 14:49, Solly Ross wrote:
> It would also be great if there was a way to only sync one package.

There is. :-)

--nodeps will only sync the modules specified on the command line:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo#Syncing_Code_from_Incubator

That said, it's not always safe to do that.  You might sync a change in
one module that depends on a change in another module and end up
breaking something.  It might not be caught in the sync either because
the Oslo unit tests don't get synced across.