[openstack-dev] [Mistral] Actions design BP

Dmitri Zimine dz at stackstorm.com
Thu Mar 13 22:00:54 UTC 2014

Thanks Renat for a clear design summary,
thanks Joshua for the questions,
+1 to "let's move TaskFlow vs Mistral" discussion to separate thread,
and my questions/comments on https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mistral/Blueprints/ActionsDesign below:

- Async actions: how do results of async action communicates back?
My understanding it it assumes that the remote system will call back to mistral with action execution id, it's on the engine to call-back, and action needs to let the engine know to expect call-back. Let's put the explanation here.

	- is_sync() - consider using an attribute instead -  @mistral.async
	- can we think of a way to unify sync and async actions from engine's standpoint? So that we don't special-case it in the engine? @ Joshua - does something similar exists in TaskFlow already?

- def dry_run() - maybe name "test", let's stress that this method should return a representative sample output.

- Input - need a facility to declare, validate and list input parameters. Like VALID_KEYS=['url', 'parameters''] , def validate():

- class HTTPAction(object):
    def __init__(self, url, params, method, headers, body):
Not happy about declaring parameters explicitly. How about using * args **kvargs, or 'parameters' dictionary?

- DSL In-Place Declaration - I did minor edits in the section, please check.

DZ.
-