[openstack-dev] [qa][tempest] Where to do response body validation

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 04:55:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

The new tempest body response validation is being added to individual
testcases. See this as an example:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/78149

After having a look at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/80174/
I'm now thinking that perhaps we should be doing the response validation
in the tempest/services/compute classes. And only check the
response body if the status code is a success code (and then check that
it is an appropriate success code).

I think this will lead to fewer changes needed in the end as the
response body checking will not needed to be added to individual tests.

There may be some complications with handling extensions, but I think
they are all implement backwards compatible behaviour so should be ok.

Anyone have any thoughts about this alternative approach?

Regards,

Chris