[openstack-dev] [qa] Tests depending on conf boolean values that are False in the gate

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 20:13:13 UTC 2014

I have recently reviewed a few patches (around testing consoles) that
add new tests whose execution depends on False config options or
introduce new ones that are False by default. The result is that the new
tests do not run in any job. Since we have a policy that there should
only be code in tempest that we see actually running, it would be good
to enable these features in devstack if possible, and change the default
to be True if that makes sense.

I just wanted to clarify that the "must run" policy covers this case in
addition to the other configurations such as different drivers, plugins,
etc.

  -David