[openstack-dev] Travis yaml file on Horizon

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Mar 12 18:03:46 UTC 2014

On 03/12/2014 05:00 AM, Adam Nelson wrote:
> I see that horizon doesn't use Travis CI
 >
> Is that a political decision?

No. It's a technical one. I'm not sure if you know, but OpenStack runs a
pretty massive and amazing CI system.

> If not, would there be resistance to adding a minimal .travis.yml file
> to horizon/master so that other people can use travis for their public
> horizon repos?  Travis requires the file to exist on all branches for
> historical reasons.

Yes. There would be resistance. We don't use Travis.

> This wouldn't oblige the use of Travis but it would make it easier for
> me since we're actively developing on a public fork and use Travis.

I suggest doing your development directly on horizon rather than on a
fork. If you do, you'll get the benefit of our CI and project gating
infrastructure, as well as the ability to collaborate with a bunch of
really awesome developers.

We're a really open project and love contributions. We're also pretty
against things that incentivize people not contributing back.