[openstack-dev] [Horizon] test_launch_instance_post questions

Abishek Subramanian (absubram) absubram at cisco.com
Wed Mar 12 17:45:37 UTC 2014

Hi all, jpich, amotoki and toshi,

I'm including a link to a small set of diff to show you what I'm trying to
do.
It is obviously a small subset of what I want to do.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7khv7gvdcd02gl/launch_instance_post_diff.patch

But to illustrate the issue I am seeing and to help my understanding of
this
test, all I'm doing is this - I've added a new network in the neutron_data
that is similar to the first network. Then I have replaced the nics
argument
which is needed to launch an instance. It now takes my new network instead
of
the first network.

However the test fails because when it is run, it is supposed to expect my
new network
but it actually finds the first network in the code.

The problem in code is here -
https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/master/openstack_dashboard/dashbo
ards/project/instances/workflows/create_instance.py

Lines 700-705:
netids = context.get('network_id', None)
        if netids:
            nics = [{"net-id": netid, "v4-fixed-ip": ""}
                    for netid in netids]
        else:
            nics = None

This part is confusing. In the UT environment, can I please get some help
in understanding how this line

seems to always pick the first network when this particular test is run?

Thanks!