[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging] mongodb notification driver

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 10:21:38 UTC 2014

On 12/03/14 02:09 +0000, Hiroyuki Eguchi wrote:
>I'm envisioning a mongodb notification driver.
>
>Currently, For troubleshooting, I'm using a log driver of notification, and sent notification log to rsyslog server, and store log in database using rsyslog-mysql package.
>
>I would like to make it more simple, So I came up with this feature.
>
>Ceilometer can manage notifications using mongodb, but Ceilometer should have the role of Metering, not Troubleshooting.
>
>If you have any comments or suggestion, please let me know.
>And please let me know if there's any discussion about this.

TBH, I'm not sure I understand what the Ceilometer use-case you're
talking about is. However, I'd prefer to keep the number of
notification drivers that live in oslo.messaging's code base
restricted to a set of essential drivers.

Would you mind elaborating a bit more the use-case?

FWIW. It's possible to implement a notification driver and let it live
outside oslo.messaging's code base. You just need to register and
end_point and use that as notification driver (and obviously implement
the driver). The `Driver` base class is currently marked as private,
that could probably be changed.

Flavio.

--
@flaper87