[openstack-dev] [Mistral] Actions design BP

Renat Akhmerov rakhmerov at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 12 07:32:27 UTC 2014

Team,

I started summarizing all the thoughts and ideas that we’ve been discussing for a while regarding actions. The main driver for this work is that the system keeps evolving and we still don’t have a comprehensive understanding of that part. Additionally, we keep getting a lot of requests and questions from our potential users which are related to actions (‘will they be extensible?’, ‘will they have dry-run feature?’, ‘what are the ways to configure and group them?’ and so on and so forth). So although we’re still in a Pilot phase we need to start this work in parallel. Even now lack of solid understanding of it creates a lot of problems in pilot development.

I created a BP at launchpad [0] which has a reference to detailed specification [1]. It’s still in progress but you could already leave your early feedback so that I don’t go in a wrong direction too far.

The highest priority now is still finishing the pilot so we shouldn’t start implementing everything described in BP right now. However, some of the things have to be adjusted asap (like Action interface and the main implementation principles).

[0]: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mistral/+spec/mistral-actions-design
[1]: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mistral/Blueprints/ActionsDesign

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.