[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Edit subnet in workflows - ip_version hidden?

Abishek Subramanian (absubram) absubram at cisco.com
Tue Mar 11 14:52:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

I had a question regarding the
dashboards/project/networks/subnets/workflows.py
file and in particular the portion of the ip_version field.

It is marked as a hidden input field for the update subnet class with this
note.

# NOTE(amotoki): When 'disabled' attribute is set for the ChoiceField
    # and ValidationError is raised for POST request, the initial value of
    # the ip_version ChoiceField is not set in the re-displayed form
    # As a result, 'IPv4' is displayed even when IPv6 is used if
    # ValidationError is detected. In addition 'required=True' check
complains
    # when re-POST since the value of the ChoiceField is not set.
    # Thus now I use HiddenInput for the ip_version ChoiceField as a work
    # around.

Can I get a little more context to this please?
I'm not sure I understand why it says this field always is displayed as
IPv4.
Is this still the case? Adding some debug logs I seem to see that the
ipversion is correctly being detected as 4 or 6 as the case may be.

Thanks!