[openstack-dev] [qa] Tempest review and development priorities until release

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Mar 11 13:06:23 UTC 2014

Tempest has no feature freeze in the same way as the core projects, in a
lot of ways some of our most useful effort happens right now, as
projects shore up features within the tempest code.

That being said, the review queue remains reasonably large, so I would
like to focus review attention on items that will make a material impact
on the quality of the Icehouse release.

That means I'd like to *stop* doing patches and reviews that are
internal refactorings. We can start doing those again in Juno. I know
there were some client refactorings, and hacking cleanups in flight.
Those should wait until Icehouse is released.

From my perspective the top priorities for things to be reviewed /
developed are:
 * Heat related tests (especially on the heat slow job) as we're now
gating with that, but still only have 1 real test
 * Changes to get us Neutron full support (I actually think the tempest
side is complete, but just in case)
 * Unit tests of Tempest function (so we know that we are doing the
things we think)
 * Bugs in Tempest itself
 * The Keystone multi auth patches (so was can actually test v3)
 * Any additional positive API / scenario tests for *integrated*
projects (incubated projects are currently best effort).

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America