[openstack-dev] [qa] Python 3.3 patches (using six)

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 21:54:36 UTC 2014

There are a number of patches up for review that make various changes to
use "six" apis instead of Python 2 constructs. While I understand the
desire to get a head start on getting Tempest to run in Python 3, I'm
not sure it makes sense to do this work piecemeal until we are near
ready to introduce a py3 gate job. Many contributors will not be aware
of what all the differences are and py2-isms will creep back in
resulting in more overall time spent making these changes and reviewing.
Also, the core review team is busy trying to do stuff important to the
icehouse release which is barely more than 5 weeks away. IMO we should
hold off on various kinds of "cleanup" patches for now.

  -David