[openstack-dev] [Heat][Murano][TOSCA] Murano team contrib. to Heat TOSCA activities

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Mon Mar 10 18:26:38 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thomas and Zane initiated a good discussion about Murano DSL and TOSCA
initiatives in Heat. I think will be beneficial for both teams to
contribute into TOSCA.

While Mirantis is working on organizational part for OASIS. I would like to
understand what is the current view on the TOSCA and HOT relations.
It looks like TOSCA can cover all aspects of declarative components HOT
templates and imperative workflows which can be covered by Murano. What do
you think about that?

I think TOSCA format can be used a a descriptions of Applications and
heat-translator can actually convert TOSCA descriptions to both HOT and
Murano files which can be then used for actual Application deployment. Both
Het and Murano workflows can coexist in Orchestration program and cover
both declarative templates and imperative workflows use cases.

--
Georgy Okrokvertskhov
Architect,