[openstack-dev] [nova] a question about instance snapshot

Bohai (ricky) bohai at huawei.com
Mon Mar 10 04:04:23 UTC 2014

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alex Xu [mailto:xuhj at linux.vnet.ibm.com]
> Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2014 10:04 PM
> To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] a question about instance snapshot
>
> Hi, Jeremy, the discussion at here
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-August/013688.html

I have a great interest in the topic too.
I read the link you provided, and there is a little confusion for me.
I agree with the security consideration in the discussion and memory snapshot can't be used for the cloning instance easily.

But I think it's safe for the using for Instance revert.
And revert the instance to a checkpoint is valuable for the user.
Why we didn't use it for instance revert in the first step?

Best regards to you.
Ricky