[openstack-dev] [sahara] Sahara (ex. Savanna) project renaming process [savanna]

Sergey Lukjanov slukjanov at mirantis.com
Sun Mar 9 11:12:27 UTC 2014

Hey Swapnil,

thanks for the note. This name was checked by the OpenStack Foundation
lawyers, so, I think that they decided that there's no potential
issues with this company. FYI we're renaming Savanna because they find
http://thetus.com/savanna that's Hadoop-backed analytics on cloud (the
same area as our project).

I'll ask lawyers about this to be sure.

Thanks.

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Swapnil Kulkarni
<swapnilkulkarni2608 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Sahara is a known corporate group in India, wanted to bring it up before
> renaming starts.
>
> [1] https://www.google.co.in/search?q=sahara+group
> [2] http://www.sahara.in/
> [3] http://www.sahara-group.com/
>
> Best Regards,
> Swapnil Kulkarni
> irc : coolsvap
>

> On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 3:20 AM, Sergey Lukjanov <slukjanov at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> we're now starting working on the project renaming. You can find
>> details in the etherpad [0]. We'll move all work items to the
>> blueprints, one blueprint per sub-project to well track progress and
>> work items. The general blueprint is [1], it'll depend on all other
>> blueprints and it's currently consists of general renaming tasks.
>>
>> Current plan is to assign each subproject blueprint to volunteer.
>> Please, contact me and Matthew Farrellee if you'd like to take the
>> renaming bp.
>>
>> Please, share your ideas/suggestions in ML or etherpad.
>>
>> [0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/savanna-renaming-process
>> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack?searchtext=savanna-renaming
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> P.S. Please, prepend email topics with [sahara] and append [savanna]
>> to the end of topic (like in this email) for the transition period.
>>
>> --
>> Sincerely yours,
>> Sergey Lukjanov
>> Savanna Technical Lead