[openstack-dev] [GSoC 2014] Proposal Template

Masaru Nomura massa.nomura at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 14:13:21 UTC 2014

>Sai,
>
>There may be more than one person on a topic, so it would make sense
>to have additional questions per person. Yes, link to project idea is
>definitely needed.
>
>-- dims
>
>On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:41 AM, saikrishna sripada
>krishna1256 at gmail.com <http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev>> wrote:

>> *Hi Masaru,*
>>
>> *I tried creating the project template following your suggestions.Thats*
>> *really helpful. Only one suggestion:*
>>
>> *Under the project description, We can give the link to actual project idea.*
>> *The remaining details like these can be removed here since this can be*
>> *redundant.*
>>
>> *What is the goal?*
>> *How will you achieve your goal?*
>> *What would be your milestone?*
>> *At which time will you complete a sub-task of your project?*
>>
>> *These details we will be filling any way in the Project template link just*
>> *which will be just below in the page. Please confirm.*
>>
>> *Thanks,*
>> *--sai krishna.*

Hi Sai, dims

Thank you for your replies!

>> *Under the project description, We can give the link to actual project idea.*
>> *The remaining details like these can be removed here since this can be*
>> *redundant.*

I could've got you wrong but I guess you mean 4 exapmles are trivial,
right? Firstly, the point I wanted to make in the section is to give some
examples to students who haven't had experience of GSoC or other sorts of
projects. I'd say these help them understand what they have to provide.
Secondly, in addition to what dims mentioned, some students would like to
propose their own project. If this is the case, it makes sense as they may
not have a link to a project idea page (though I'm quite sure these people
know exactly what to do).

>Yes, link to project idea is definitely needed.

So, can we add one thing to Project Description?

e.g. Link to a project idea page (if any)

I have no objection to this as it can help reviewers access to the page
easily.

Thanks,

Masaru