[openstack-dev] openstack-swift put performance

Ivan Pustovalov ip.disabled at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 07:23:45 UTC 2014

HI!
I have a cluster of 5 nodes with 3 replicas. All of the servers (e.g.
proxy, account, object, container )
are installed on a single server, and I have 5 of these servers.
I send put object requests from one testing thread and check client
response time from cluster.
And obtained results did not satisfy me.
When I was researching tcp traffic, I found time loss on waiting HTTP 100
from object servers, 10-15 ms on each and 10 ms on proxy while checking
quorum.

In my case, users can put small objects (e.g. 16 kbytes) into the cloud and
I look forward to a load of 2000 requests per second. This time loss
significantly reduces cloud performance.
How I can reduce this time loss and what are best practices for tuning?

--
Regards, Ivan Pustovalov.