[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Status of multi-attach-volume work

Mike thingee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 19:25:17 UTC 2014

On 03/05/2014 05:37 AM, Zhi Yan Liu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We decided multi-attach feature must be implemented as an extension to
> core functionality in Cinder, but currently we have not a clear
> extension support in Cinder, IMO it's the biggest blocker now. And the
> other issues have been listed at
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/blueprints/multi-attach-volume#Comments_and_Discussion
> as well. Probably we could get more inputs from Cinder cores.
>
> thanks,
> zhiyan
>
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Niklas Widell
> <niklas.widell at ericsson.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>> What is the current status of the work around multi-attach-volume [1]? We
>> have some cluster related use cases that would benefit from being able to
>> attach a volume from several instances.
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/blueprints/multi-attach-volume
>>
>> Best regards
>> Niklas Widell
>> Ericsson AB

As discussed in previous IRC meetings, this is not blocked by new ideas
with extensions. We've decided there's a lot involved with the changes
that it didn't make sense to block progress of others. Zhi, I've spoke
to you personally about how you can continue your work as normal. Feel
free to reach out to me on IRC user thingee if you need help.

-Mike Perez