[openstack-dev] [Murano] Discussion of the v2 Murano repository API

Ekaterina Fedorova efedorova at mirantis.com
Tue Mar 4 14:21:00 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

As we are moving towards the Application Catalog mission, we are
improving various components of Murano to support the Catalog's specifics.
We've already introduced the changes to the workflows definition
notation ([1]), now it is time for the next version of Murano repository
API.

It will introduce the support of new Murano Application Packages, stored
as immutable entities and associated with appropriate Murano
applications and classes.
At the same time it adds browsing capabilities which will be used to
inspect the Application Catalog
.
For now, this API will be backed by our own storage, later it is planned
to migrate to use Glance Artifact repository.
However, Murano's API will remain stable during this migration.

The draft of the API specification is located at [2], please feel free
to take a look and send your feedback.
I've created an etherpad for a feedback and discussion [3].

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-February/027202.html
[2] http://docs.muranorepositoryapi.apiary.io
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/muranorepository-api