[openstack-dev] [Nova] Concrete Proposal for Keeping V2 API

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 21:25:23 UTC 2014

This seems like a reasonable and well thought out approach but It feels
like we are removing our ability to innovate. I know we are worried about
maintaining multiple APIs, but I’m still leaning towards putting the v3
API out and just keeping v2 around for a long time. Yes, its a maintenance
burden, but if we aren’t adding a lot of features to v2, I don’t know if
it is really THAT bad.

I’m worried that this is just delaying solving the inconsistency issues to
some future date.

Vish