[openstack-dev] Toward SQLAlchemy 0.9.x compatibility everywhere for Icehouse

David Ripton dripton at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 15:17:30 UTC 2014

On 03/02/2014 03:12 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 03/02/2014 12:03 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

>> I hope to get support from core reviewers here, so that we can fix-up
>> the SQLA 0.9.x compat ASAP, preferably before b3. Of course, I'll make
>> sure all we do works with both 0.8 and 0.9 version of SQLA. Is there
>> anyone still running with the old 0.7? If yes, then we can try to
>> continue validating OpenStack against it as well.

I think we should continue supporting SQLAlchemy 0.7 for a bit longer,
as that's what some distributions still package.  (Of course it's
possible to work around that by pulling from pip instead, but not
everyone will.)

> FYI, the below patches need review:
>
> SQLAlchemy-migrate:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77387/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77388/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77396/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77397/

I'll review all these today.

BTW, I just pushed sqlalchemy-migrate 0.8.4 with DB2 support.  I agree
that we should push a 0.9 as soon as all the SQLAlchemy-0.9
compatibility stuff is in and working.

David Ripton   Red Hat   dripton at redhat.com