[openstack-dev] Fwd: [GSOC] Guidance for "Add a New Storage Backend" project.

saikrishna sripada krishna1256 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 18:41:18 UTC 2014

Hi All/Alej,

I am a M.S student from India.My current research work is on Computer
Networks, Cloud computing.I have been following involving with openstack
since the past one year. I have contributed to open-stack in the past but
its just bits and pieces here and there. I always thought of picking a
blueprint and implementing it is doable by me with some guidance. Luckily I
found open-stack participating in GSOC 2014.As for me its possible to
implement the"Add a New Storage Backend"project. With my past experience
with the openstack project I am sure I could help your project both during
GSOC and after. Please reply me if you find my idea interesting.

Now about me:
I am Sai Krishna, M.S in computer science student at IIIT-Hyderabad
university, Hyderabad.I am good with c++ and python programming. I am
currently working on a tool which uses Bloom filter for Packet attribution
systems (trace back the source of malicious packet efficiently). I am also
having experience building command line modules and handling alarms in
various network elements of Nokia Siemens networks(currently Nokia
solutions networks). I have also worked in deploying openstack on fedora
and Ubuntu distributions and integrating
foreman<http://theforeman.org/manuals/1.4/index.html>to compute node
for auto-discovery feature. Also fixed two bugs in Glance
and keystone modules.

My study on the task :
Links:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GSoC2014/Queues/Storage

https://github.com/cabrera/python-openstack-and-you/blob/master/src/guide.md
- I am familiar with git, gerrit, contributing to openstack. Please check
the handle  krishna1256 <https://launchpad.net/~krishna1256>for my
contributions to openstack.

Kindly bare with my english and Guide me on a head start for working with
the "Add a New Storage Backend" project.

Thanks and Regards,
--sai krishna.