[openstack-dev] [neutron][IPv6] Testing functionality of IPv6 modes using Horizon

Shixiong Shang sparkofwisdom.cloud at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 06:01:26 UTC 2014

Hi, Abishek:

I tried your code and shot you an email with some questions….Would you please let me know the dependency between your code and Sean’s?

W.r.t. to your second question, I cannot recall on top of my head (with exhausted brain) right now which event subnet update will trigger. I need to read the code tomorrow to confirm. If the event can in turn be consumed by dhcp_agent and invoke dnsmasq reload, then we should be good to go. Otherwise, I suggest we postpone it to next major release. For Icehouse, user have to delete the subnet and recreate it if they want to make any change. We can list it as caveat/limitation.

Thanks!

Shixiong

On Feb 28, 2014, at 10:55 AM, Abishek Subramanian (absubram) <absubram at cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to find out if anyone had been able to test using Horizon?
> Was everything ok?
>
> Additionally wanted to confirm - the two modes can be updated too yes
> when using neutron subnet-update?
>

> Thanks!
>
> On 2/18/14 12:58 PM, "Abishek Subramanian (absubram)" <absubram at cisco.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi shshang, all,
>>
>> I have some preliminary Horizon diffs available and if anyone
>> would be kind enough to patch them and try to test the
>> functionality, I'd really appreciate it.
>> I know I'm able to create subnets successfully with
>> the two modes but if there's anything else you'd like
>> to test or have any other user experience comments,
>> please feel free to let me know.
>>
>> The diffs are at -  https://review.openstack.org/74453
>>
>> Thanks!!

Shixiong Shang