[openstack-dev] [rubick] Proposal to make py33 job voting for stackforge/rubick

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jun 30 14:54:30 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-30 22:14:53 +0800 (+0800), Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> please also consider adding support for Python 3.4 at least,

This is in progress. Just last week we started running some CI jobs
on Ubuntu Trusty, which has Python 3.4 available in its main
archive. The plan is to add new gate-{name}-python34 job templates
in our Jenkins Job Builder configuration, and then start switching
projects over fairly soon (the delta between 3.3 and 3.4 support is
minimal enough that we expect 3.4 will "just work" for most of our
projects which are already being gated on 3.3).

> and Python 3.2 if you can.

This is fairly unlikely to happen. Python 3.2 doesn't play well with
simultaneous 2.x support, and I don't foresee us adding any new CI
platforms where it would be available. Also the probability that
someone will need to run OpenStack software on a platform which has
Python 3.2 as its default interpreter (not 2.7 or 2.6) is rapidly
shrinking... outdated releases of Arch Linux maybe? I can't think of
many other places that might be an issue honestly.
--
Jeremy Stanley