[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPv6] Neutron IPv6 in Icehouse and further

Robert Li (baoli) baoli at cisco.com
Mon Jun 30 13:10:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

There is a patch for radvd https://review.openstack.org/#/c/102648/2 that you can use in addition to the devstack patch. You want to make sure that ipv6 is enabled and ra accepted with your VM’s image. Both patches are under development.

To use dhcpv6,  the current dhcp agent should be working. However, it might be broken due to a recent commit. If you found a Traceback in your dhcp agent log complaining about an uninitialized reference to the variable ‘mode', you may hit that issue. You can just initialize it to be ‘static’. In addition, only recently, dhcp messages maybe dropped before entering the VM. Therefore, you might need to disable the ipv6 rules manually by “ip6tables –F” after a VM is launched .  Also make sure you are using the latest dnsmasq (2.6.8)

Thanks,
Robert