[openstack-dev] Creating new python-<new_project_name>client

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 03:42:22 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM, Aaron Rosen <aaronorosen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking at creating a new python-<new_project_name>client and I was
> wondering if there was any on going effort to share code between the
> clients or not? I've looked at the code in python-novaclient and
> python-neutronclient and both of them seem to have their own homegrown
> HTTPClient and keystone integration. Figured I'd ping the mailing list here
> before I go on and make my own homegrown HTTPClient as well.

For things in the library level of a client please consider using
keystoneclient's fairly new session layer as the basis of your HTTP layer.
 That will also give you access to the new style auth plugins, assuming you
want to do Keystone auth with this client.

I'm not sure if Jamie has any examples of using this without leaning on the
backward-compatibility bits that the existing clients need.

The Python SDK is being built on a similar Session layer (without the
backeard compat bits).

dt

--

Dean Troyer