[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Layer7 Switching - L7 Rule - comapre_type values

Avishay Balderman AvishayB at Radware.com
Tue Jun 24 11:28:51 UTC 2014

Hi
One of L7 Rule attributes is ‘compare_type’.
This field is the match operator that the rule should activate against the value found in the request.
Below is list of the possible values:
- Regexp
- StartsWith
- EndsWith
- Contains
- EqualTo (*)
- GreaterThan (*)
- LessThan (*)

The last 3 operators (*) in the list are used in numerical matches.
Radware load balancing backend does not support those operators   “out of the box” and a significant development effort should be done in order to support it.
We are afraid to miss the Junu timeframe if we will have to focus in supporting the numerical operators.
Therefore we ask to support the non-numerical operators for Junu and add the numerical operators support post Junu.

See https://review.openstack.org/#/c/99709/4/specs/juno/lbaas-l7-rules.rst

Thanks
Avishay