[openstack-dev] [Oslo][DB] oslo.db released

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Thu Jun 19 19:56:23 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Victor Sergeyev <vsergeyev at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hello, Folks!
>
> Please, be informed, that the oslo.db library has been released and is
> available on PyPi.
> See [1] for the source code, [2] for the documentation.
>
> There is an example of how to switch an OpenStack project to oslo.db - see
> patch to Ironic [3]. oslo.db team is going to eventually make all consuming
> projects use the library instead of common db code (which is now obsolete).
>
> [1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/oslo.db/
> [2] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/oslo.db/
>
> Thanks,
> Victor

Congratulations to the oslo.db team!

For those of you who have not been following their progress, this
release represents the culmination of work started during the icehouse
release cycle. We are continuing to learn a lot about the projects
that use the Oslo code as we graduate parts of it, and we have a few
changes to make before we will tag oslo.db as a 1.0 release, but this
first packaged release is a *huge* milestone for the team.

Thank you all, I appreciate your dedication and hard work.

Doug