[openstack-dev] [devstack] [zmq] [oslo.messaging] Running devstack with zeromq

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Thu Jun 19 12:29:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

Le 2014-06-19 00:30, Ben Nemec a écrit :
> On 06/18/2014 05:45 AM, Elena Ezhova wrote:
>
>> So I wonder whether it is something the community is interested in
>> and, if
>> yes, are there any recommendations concerning possible implementation?
>
> I can't speak to the specific implementation, but if we're going to
> keep
> the zmq driver in oslo.messaging then IMHO it should be usable with
> devstack, so +1 to making that work.

Currently the zmq driver have a really bad test coverage, the driver is
'I think' broken since a while.

Bugs like [1] or [2] let me think that nobody can use it currently.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+bug/1301723
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+bug/1330460

Also, an oslo.messaging rule is "a driver must not force to use a
eventloop library",
but this one heavily use eventlet. So only the eventlet executor can
works with it, not the
blocking one or any future executor.

I guess if someone is interested in, the first step is to fix the zmq
driver, remove eventlet stuffs and write unit tests for it,
before trying integration, and raise bugs that should be catch by
unit/functionnal testing.

If nobody is interested in zmq, perhaps we should just
drop/deprecated/mark_as_broken it.

Just my thought

Cheers,
- ---