[openstack-dev] [glance] Unifying configuration file

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Jun 17 13:59:24 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

So I've started to look at the configuration file used by Glance and I
want to switch to one configuration file only.
I stumbled upon this blueprint:

  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/use-oslo-config

which fits.

Does not look like I can assign myself to it, but if someone can do so,
go ahead.

So I've started to work on that, and I got it working. My only problem
right now, concerned the [paste_deploy] options that is provided by
Glance. I'd like to remove this section altogether, as it's not possible
to have it and have the same configuration file read by both glance-api
and glance-registry.
My idea is also to unify glance-api-paste.ini and
glance-registry-paste.ini into glance-paste.ini and then have each
server reads their default pipeline (pipeline:glance-api).

Does that sounds reasonable to everyone?

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker