[openstack-dev] [Trove] Proposal to add sample configurations of admin_{user, tenant_name, password}

Shuichiro Makigaki shuichiro.makigaki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 04:27:52 UTC 2014

Hello folks,

I'd like to propose following small changes to [filter:authtoken]
section in default api-paste.ini:

+admin_tenant_name = %SERVICE_TENANT_NAME%
+admin_user = %SERVICE_USER%
+admin_password = %SERVICE_PASSWORD%

I created a new ticket [1] about this.

Some of core OpenStack components have them in api-paste.ini or configs.
This is also mentioned by Thomas Goirand in [2], and he says it's
troublesome to add them manually.

In addition, I think this is mindful of Trove beginners ( I'm one of
them! ) who try to set up
Trove following install-guide [3]. If there are some comments or
samples, it will be helpful.
Therefore, I also think it's reasonable to comment above admin_* samples out.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove/+bug/1325482
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove/+bug/1299332
[3] http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/install-guide/install/apt/content/trove-install.html

Regards,