[openstack-dev] Import errors in tests are not reported in python 2.7

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jun 12 15:32:31 UTC 2014

On 06/12/2014 10:32 AM, Thomas Herve wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I don't know if it's a know issue or not, but I noticed on one of my patch (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/99648/) that the 2.7 gate was passing whereas the 2.6 is failing because of import errors. It seems to be a problem related to the difference in the discover module, so presumably an issue in testtools. The problem appears locally when using tox, so it's fairly annoying not to be able to trust the test result.
>
> Thanks,

I'm actually really confused by the testr commands that are generated
here -
http://logs.openstack.org/48/99648/2/check/gate-heat-python27/aa8fead/console.html

vs. what you see in a Nova unit test run.

Is there some particular wrappers you have kicking off in the unit tests?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net