[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Reviews - we need your help!

James Polley jp at jamezpolley.com
Thu Jun 12 05:07:52 UTC 2014

During yesterday's IRC meeting, we realized that our review stats are
starting to slip again.

Just after summit, our stats were starting to improve. In the 2014-05-20
meeting, the TripleO  "Stats since the last revision without -1 or -2"[1]
looked like this:

1rd quartile wait time: 1 days, 1 hours, 11 minutesMedian wait time: 6
days, 9 hours, 49 minutes3rd quartile wait time: 13 days, 5 hours, 46
minutes

As of yesterdays meeting, we have:

1rd quartile wait time: 4 days, 23 hours, 19 minutesMedian wait time:
7 days, 22 hours, 8 minutes3rd quartile wait time: 13 days, 19 hours,
17 minutes

This really hurts our velocity, and is especially hard on people making
their first commit, as it can take them almost a full work week before they
even get their first feedback.

To get things moving, we need everyone to make a special effort to do a few
reviews every day. It would be most helpful if you can look for older
reviews without a -1 or -2 and help those reviews get over the line.

If you find reviews that are just waiting for a simple fix - typo or syntax
fixes, simple code fixes, or a simple rebase - it would be even more
helpful if you could take a few minutes to make those patches, rather than
just leaving the review waiting for the attention of the original submitter.

Please keep in mind that these stats are based on all of our projects, not
just tripleo-incubator. To save you heading to the wiki, here's a handy
link that shows you all open code reviews in all our projects:

bit.ly/1hQco1N

If you'd prefer the long version:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+%28project:openstack/tripleo-incubator+OR+project:openstack/tuskar+OR+project:openstack/tuskar-ui+OR+project:openstack-infra/tripleo-ci+OR+project:openstack/os-apply-config+OR+project:openstack/os-collect-config+OR+project:openstack/os-refresh-config+OR+project:openstack/os-cloud-config+OR+project:openstack/tripleo-image-elements+OR+project:openstack/tripleo-heat-templates+OR+project:openstack/diskimage-builder+OR+project:openstack/python-tuskarclient+OR+project:openstack/tripleo-specs%29,n,z

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TripleO#Bug_Triage has links to reviews for
individual projects as well as more information about how we triage bugs.

[1] http://www.nemebean.com/reviewstats/tripleo-open.html