[openstack-dev] [TC] [Murano] Follow up on cross-project session

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jun 11 16:07:25 UTC 2014

Ruslan Kamaldinov wrote:
> Our follow-up session was very productive. The goal of this session
> was to define and document a clear scope for each project [5]. This is
> the main document in regards to the goals set by TC in response to
> Murano incubation request. We identified a clear scope for each
> project and possible points for integration and collaboration:
> * Application Development - Solum
> * Application Catalog/Composition - Murano (see
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/wGy9S94l3Q for details)
> * Application Deployment/Configuration - Heat

This is great work -- ensuring that the scope of the various projects
don't overlap is really step 0 towards integration.

I had a question about Murano's remaining feature set though. If the
application catalog lives in Glance and the application deployment lives
in Heat, what functionality does Murano end up providing ? Could you
elaborate on the "composition" mission ?

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)