[openstack-dev] [nova][all] Tracking bug and patch statuses

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 06:40:28 UTC 2014

Hi All,

In the nova meeting this week, we discussed some of the shortcomings of our
recent bug day, one of the ideas that was brought up was to do a better job
of keeping track of stale bugs (assigned but not worked on) [0]. To that
end I put something together based on what infra uses for there bug days to
go through all the open bugs in a project and list the related gerrit
patches and there state [1].

I ran this on nova [2] (just the first 750 bugs or so) and
python-novaclient [3].  From the looks of it we can be doing a much better
job of keeping bug states in sync with patches etc.

[0]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2014/nova.2014-06-05-21.01.log.html
[1] https://github.com/jogo/openstack-infra-scripts
[2] http://paste.openstack.org/show/83055/