[openstack-dev] [murano] Introducing reference Murano packages repository

Serg Melikyan smelikyan at mirantis.com
Thu Jul 31 08:17:04 UTC 2014

Few month ago we have created repository on github to where we moved
several applications that were bundled with Murano previously. That
repository was created as a place where we could gather all
applications and packages that we had created for Murano, update them
at the same time and as place where we could point when answer for
some question about packages required example.

After successfully playing with that repository, we decided that there
is a need in dedicated repository on stackforge and now we are
introducing murano-apps repository:
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/stackforge/murano-apps

murano-apps will serve as a place where packages will be published that:

  * are proven to work on generic deployment of OpenStack
  * can serve as reference implementation
  * are simple as possible, but complex enough to show the idea

All changes with packages submitted to this repository will go through
rigorous review and helpful gate jobs that will check that package. We
haven't thought yet about what gate jobs we will have, but I think we
need to check that particular package may be deployed, check that all
specific files comply with specification (e.g. manifest is correct).

We need to start filling murano-apps repository with examples
targeting usage of Heat SoftwareConfiguration feature as it is a hot
topic, packages that consists from single heat template as
deployment/configuration scenario, and more generic simpler packages.

P.S. Our old repository with packages can be found on github:
https://github.com/murano-project/murano-app-incubator