[openstack-dev] [heat] Uniform style of README file for contrib resources

Sergey Kraynev skraynev at mirantis.com
Wed Jul 30 13:05:55 UTC 2014

On 30 July 2014 16:21, Angus Salkeld <angus.salkeld at rackspace.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-07-30 at 13:41 +0400, Sergey Kraynev wrote:
> > Hello guys.
> >

> > In the last time I meet again change related with changing content of
> > README for Docker resource.
> >

> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/110541/
>
> I can ditch mine, just making a change after helping someone
> on IRC through it.

I don't mind about your change. It remembered me about current situation
with README files.

> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/101144/
> >

> > Both changes try to improve current description.
> > I looked on other README files in contrib directories and met that all
> > instructions try to explain
> > information which is available here [1].
> > This and some other points pushed me on the follow ideas:
> >

> > - Should we provide some commands like in docker's README which will
> > add required path to plugin_dirs ?
>
> IMO no, it is really simple and this just makes it look harder than it
> is.
>

> > - Should we have several specific interpretations of [1] or will be
> > better to add reference on existing guide and
> > mention that some "really specific" notes?
> >

> > - Should we leave empty sections? (For example, [2])
> >

> > - Should we add README for barbican resources?
> >

> > - How about one uniform template for README files?
>
> can't we just have one contrib/README (at least for the installing
> part)?

I wanted to suggest this way, but what about some specific keys
(keystone plugin require additional change in heat.conf).
And I correct understood that you offer to leave other information (not
installation) in own README files?