[openstack-dev] [Manila] Incubation request

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jul 30 12:22:54 UTC 2014

Swartzlander, Ben wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-07-29 at 13:38 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Swartzlander, Ben a écrit :
>>> Manila has come a long way since we proposed it for incubation last autumn. Below are the formal requests.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Manila/Incubation_Application
>>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Manila/Program_Application
>>>
>>> Anyone have anything to add before I forward these to the TC?
>>
>> When ready, propose a governance change a bit like this one:
>>
>> https://github.com/openstack/governance/commit/52d9b4cf2f3ba9d0b757e16dc040a1c174e1d27e
>
> Thierry, does the governance change process replace the process of
> sending an email to the openstack-tc ML?

The procedure for TC matters is the following:

1. create a thread on -dev so that we can all openly discuss the request
2. make sure the TC notices the thread on -dev by posting a pointer to
the -dev thread to openstack-tc (separate emails, avoid cross-posting so
that the discussion stays on -dev)
3. when you think the discussion is sufficiently advanced, propose a
governance change to formally request a TC vote on the matter

Hope this helps.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)